Mmmm yeah, peanut sauce, right? That creamy spicy mix. That with a mix off veggies and some pan fried tofu, and I could eat this for every single meal, and I have 🙂 spaghetti squash for noodles ensures this is both gluten free, and a great source of vitamins and healthy carbs only. Doesn’t get much better, in my opinion!
-1 medium spagetti squash, (steamed via microwave 10 min or oven roasted whole x45 minutes at 350)
-1/2 container extra firm tofu (8oz), pressed to remove water
-1/2 yellow onion sliced
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-1 large carrot sliced
-6 large mushrooms sliced
– about a handful of chopped broccoli
-1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
-1 large handful cilantro
-3 chopped green onions
-1/4 avocado sliced
For the sauce:
-1/2 cu PB
-2 TBS honey
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1tsp vinegar (apple cider)
-1tsp olive oil
-1 tsp soy sauce
-1/2 cup water as needed to thin
-1.5 tsp ginger
-generous shake crushed red pepper
1. Steam/roast that spagetti squash, cut in half, scoop out seeds, scoop out spagetti flesh and let cool
2. Slice tofu into thin (1/4 in) squares and press water out of tofu.
3. Spray pan with coconut oil and pan fry the tofu on medium heat until just browned, set aside on paper towel to cool.
4. Saute all non-garnish veggies in sesame oil until tender crisp, set aside.
5. Toss spagetti squashe with veggies and tofu.
7. Prep garnishes
8. Make sauce combining all sauce ingredients in the warm skillet, adding water as needed to thin.
9. Then pour sauce over your bowl of goodies and toss well!
10. Garnish with the items listed above, you could also add crushed peanuts and additional crushed red pepper if you wish.
Also pictured are some turkey meatballs I made and simmered in the same peanut sauce, for my big meat eater 😉