This turned out to be an amazing dinner. It already would have been great, but then the hubby pulled some vegan bacon out of the freezer and took these tacos to the next level 🙂 It was a perfect Friday night dinner and pretty easy. Use pre-made vegan refried beans if you choose, but with the instant-pot, making some from scratch takes very little time, so I did it. Have fun, get creative, and enjoy!
-Refried beans (I simply cooked dry pintos and then drained, rinsed, and mashed them with some hot sauce)
-corn tortillas (TJs are vegan and 99cents)
-red onion/carrot/asparagus chopped
-Vegan bacon (optional but awesome, we used This one)
-hot sauce (TJs green hot sauce)
-russet potatoes and sweet potatoes cut into fries
-a few Tbs olive oil
Here’s all I did:
1. Made pinto beans in my instant pot. Rinsed, drained, mashed with some jalapeño hot sauce, set aside.
2. Chopped veggies and sautéed on the stove with some coconut oil, lime, and chili flakes, set aside.
3.Cut potatos into wedges, threw in a bowl, tossed with harissa and garlic powders, baked inthr over 400F for 20 minutes.
4. Cooked vegan bacon on stovetop per package instructions (This).
5. Cut limes and avocado for garnishing
6. Put tortillas in warm oven (now off) for 5 min to warm.
7. Assembled the heck out of em and enjoyed! Put some of those spicy fries on your taco for added yummmmm